UPVC Window Keeps - retrofit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a UPVC DG window that is failing to close tight so noise can be heard when shut. I replaced the seal but still have the same problem. This is at the hadle side, if you push against the window it seals ok.

Looking at the keeps the ones that are fitted now are the ones in the first picture. I can get universal type that are slimmer so the position could be adjusted to allow for a tighter fit. Can the keeps in picture 2 be retro fitted?

Or are ones like the original fitted ones available with a bigger lip? I've looked about but can't find anything that is different.....

Any advice appreciated :)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I take it this is a tilt n turn window looking at those keeps?

Forget moving the keeps how about turning the roller cams to gain a bit more compression, have you tried that?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, meant to say that the cam is rotated fir tightest fit. On further investigation the bottom cam isn't catching so the window seems out of square.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back