Upvc window question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some double glazed units that have misted up. Im looking at replacing the glass but also considering the cost of replacing the whole lot, frames aswell as some need tarting up and to be more pleasing on the eye.
Obviously I dont want to spend needless money so im looking up my options. One window I hate is the rear lounge. The seal has gone and the whole frame looks like it has dropped slightly. Externally there is pvc strip between the frame and lintel that as stated above looks like its been dislodged.

What exactly is it? Is it just to fill the gap between frame and lintel. Can it. Be removed and suitable replacement be inserted??

close up
holding the strip in correct place

Sponsored Links
The trim can easily be re-stuck with silicone or super glue, Then reseal any gaps around it.

Im more interested in that painted white thing above the window, Looks like a lintel but if it is it should extend 150mm beyond the window on either side

Thanks. Recently found it is just siliconed on. At first I wasnt sure it was actually inserted beneath the lintel.

As you say, its the lintel and all houses in the road are like this. Maybe its the photos buy im sure it does overhang the window. Its at least a thumb thickness as you can see in photos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back