URGENT: Which driver bits for Turbogold 6mm screws?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can zip me a quick reply to this?

I'm buying a couple more boxes of Turbogold 6x80 / 90 mm screws from screwfix - they're BRILLIANT screws compares with some of the other rubbish I've used.

They have lovely deep recesses for the driver bit and HARDLY ever slip when being driven.

Trouble is, I've worn out a lot of my random driver bits trying to put in cheap crappy screw and I thought I'd treat myself to some decent bits.

I never really know what size to use PZ1, PZ2...?? The documentation on screwfix website just says Pozidrive. Does anyone know what the correct bit size for these screws is?

I have a bit that fits BEAUTIFULLY and it's getting a little worn. If I can get a pack of those then I'll be really happy.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
get a pz1 several pz2s and a pz3
metrics without fail are pz2s with the odd exception

PZ2 fit most common screws from nr 6 to nr 10 which would be your metric 6x80's.

Thanks, both.

The bits I wanted were all out of stock for delivery from Screwfix, then I found out that there's a warehouse just nearby - gonna stock up on PZ1-3 to cover all my bases like big-all suggests.

All my bits are knackered anyhow, so no harm in getting a fistful of bits - I have to remember that these bits are CONSUMABLE and not try to hang on to them for years on end!

Sponsored Links
I thought the new 6mm was the old no12 therefore needing a pz3?

Just got back from Screwfix and indeed it IS a #3
Now that I've actually taken some time to look at the bits, I can tell them apart.

Shame that they don't show what size bit is needed int he spec for non-trade diy'ers like myself.

I tend to get a lot of bits from Toolstation, where they literally are pennies. Just get a few of each

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back