USB Coms lead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have finished the wiring of my texecom panel thanks to some help on here.Now just had a look at the programing whick looks very complicated using the keypad. Is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Texecom-P...3664?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item41770c10c0 lead correct as I may have a look at trying to do it with wintex.From the picture it just looks like a lead and from others I have seen there is an interface as well that is used

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Looks the same as the one I have, and mines around 2 yr old. No box inline on mine, although I know they used to have one.

The software is on the CD that came with your panel.

FAR easier to program with the software once you get to grips with it.

The USB lead has a larger USB plug on it which contains the interface and an LED indicator. It was worth it's money not have to program the unit via the RKP.

There is a huge amount of config possible with these units, which is what you expect from high end units. I have just finished installing ours with 20 channels working. It took a couple of days to rewire as I went, but well worth the effort.
I wish I had spent the money last time on one of these units.

Sponsored Links
I have the old USB-Com and it works on the newer Elite panels as well as the old.

All the box (and the plug on the new lead) contains is a USB to Serial adapter (about £2.50 on ebay) with a connector for PCB pins rather than a 9 pin D and power taken from the panel for the electronics rather than USB.

You could make your own if you were so inclined.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back