Using old paint on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I would appreciate your help here. I have tried to cover some marks on my walls with some of the original paint left over, and after filling in where a curtain pole had been, I then tried to freshen up 2 small areas. Problem is, the paint probably hasn't been used in, like, 10 years! :rolleyes: It looks fine where I have painted the lining paper but, of course, it's left marks on the walls and I'm unsure how/if I can get them off. I am loath to have to repaint the whole wall for 2 small-ish marks. The paint is Crown silk emulsion.

Many thanks

Sue

Sponsored Links
Well the emulsion is getting a little old, and perhaps time for another tin. If what you are trying to do here is touch up certain areas of older paintwork by applying a fresh coat it won't work and you should consider doing the entire area. When filler has been both applied and sanded smooth it is always advisable to apply a thinned emulsion to seal the filled areas.

Dec

Hi Dec

Many thanks for your reply. You have confirmed what I suspected. :evil:

Oh well, that'll teach me!

Cheers

Sue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back