Using too much water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My water bill has gone through the roof but the meter readings are right, so i'm thinking i have a leak or some other sort of problem, i'm using about 220liters a day if i remember correctly, and the three valleys water site says the average should be about 140 for a single person in a modern 2 bed,

i've isolated the incoming water for 24 hours and only lost 4liters so i'm happy it's not outside the house, a friend suggested that the boiler might have too much pressure in it and be venting off, it's a powermax 155x combi, with a small head tank, the overflow goes straight out to the gutter so i haven't seen it lose any water,

can anybody help? or have any other suggestions as to where to look?

the shower is a mixer fed from the bath taps, so no power shower, thought the pressure has dropped from when i moved in 4 years ago, cheers.

Sponsored Links
you have at least one leak between your meter and stop cock as you state you are using 4l with the water off.

Take a meter reading last thing at night and again in the morning before using any water (don't flush at night). if you do have a leak it will show up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back