vacuum cleaner for plumber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what do you lads use - im about to buy one - need wet and dry and reliable.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Something made by numatic. They are fantastic, and easily cope with trade use.

I think the green one is wet and dry, but you will have to check.

Sponsored Links
I have one of them Wickes ones, identical except labels and colour to the Earlex machine. So spare filters/hoses shouldn't be problematic.

Hose and extensions are pretty rubbish, but the machine itself works well. I use mine mostly in the garage for wood dust/shavings etc.

The Numatic wetvacs are Charles & George i think.

The Karcher is £66 at screwfix and the cheaper Earlex is £50 but as has been said it is a noisy beast but it can blow as well. I used mine once for blowing up giant ballons for a kids TV show :LOL:

I use a Nilfisk-Alto Aero 25-21, fantastic cleaner with lots of suck and great capacity, and also has a PTO for dust extraction. Filters very quick and easy to change as well. Used to have a Numatic Charles but it was heavy even when empty and the wet capacity was terrible. Have had no issues at all with the Aero, nice and light with great capacity both wet and dry. I've dropped a link in below, this certainly isn't the cheapest price around but at least you'll be able to see it!

http://www.arco.co.uk/products/3219349

It's £165.00 there, think I paid about £80+vat for mine from a local Nilfisk main dealer. I did a lot of research into the pros and cons of the Numatics/Earlex/Bosch/Stihl/Ryobi/Karcher/Nilfisk before I purchased, in the end it came down to a choice between a Karcher one I can't currently remember the model number of and the Nilfisk, I went for the Nilfisk as it was a bit cheaper than the equivalent Karcher and having the main dealer four miles away meant dealing with any issues was extremely easy. So far I've only been back there for more dust bags.

Just ordered the Fein 40L Turbo 3. Will let you know when it arrives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back