Vaillant Boiler - Hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Anyone out there who would know about a fault with a Vaillant boiler.

Runs cental heating and hot water, only all of a sudden the hot water is not working? Heating is fine, radiators fine, flame kicks in fine when turned on etc, except no hot water?

Any ideas?

Gord

Sponsored Links
Hi

Anyone out there who would know about a fault with a Vaillant boiler.

Gord

We would have a better chance of guessing if you had mentioned the boiler model !

Vailant have made about 30 different boilers !

Tony

Hi Tony,

I would have, but there is no marking or identifier on the housing or the boiler itself, nor a handbook. Have checked ever visible side of it.

It is a galvanised metal boiler unit, the lower section is black plastic an houses the dials/guage.

It has one 4 green plastic dials for

On/Off
Water Temp
Heating Temp
Setting for HW or Heating or both.

1 pressure gauge.

Gord

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It fires up when you turn the system on and stays on whilst all the radiators heat up. But the little light next to mixer tap symbol stays off, all other lights are on.

So even when the heating goes on, the flames in the boiler are going, the water stays cold.

G

Hi

Nothing happens when only Hot Water is on, the power light is only light on. Turn on hot water tap, just keeps running cold.....

G

on the right hand side is the diverter valve.
you will notice there is a small micro switch.
push it down. does the boiler light.
if so diaphragm requires replacing.

Hi

Cannot see any additional switches/valves - it is a sealed unit with no other accesses. Cannot see any way in to the unit, the door of the casing comes off exposing the metal of the boiler housing and the bottom hinge door opens to access the control knobs, no other access or switches visible.

It looks like an older version, not digital.

Everything else works fine, just not the hot water.

It may be a long shot but is the o/h stat on the right hand side of the diecast PCB box covered by a black rubber dust boot as on the earlier model?

I only have vaillant sine 18 T3 and 221 boilers to physically inspect and cannot remember where it is on your model as identified to me by your photo.

Did you identify the diverter valve and the DHW demand microswitch? If so what happenned when you activated it with DHW flowing?

Tony

Turn power to boiler OFF at wall.

Undo single screw and lower black controls panel.

Check overheat button under plastic cap is pressed in.

Open hot tap and check lever operates switch on right.

It may be a long shot but is the o/h stat on the right hand side of the diecast PCB box covered by a black rubber dust boot as on the earlier model?

I only have vaillant sine 18 T3 and 221 boilers to physically inspect and cannot remember where it is on your model as identified to me by your photo.

Did you identify the diverter valve and the DHW demand microswitch? If so what happenned when you activated it with DHW flowing?

Tony

Agile your getting your threads in a tangle.
this fella cant open the case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back