Vaillant Boiler ignition issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a rather old vaillant boiler. Not sure of the model number but its like a VC GB 242 eh only not a combi, a 'normal' boiler.

When it tries to start the fan comes on and the ignition fires. Flames start but them immediatley go out and the ignition fires again. This all happens in a fraction of a second and continues for several attempts before it fires and stays lit. It then sometimes goes out after a minute or so.

The fan is sucking and water pressure is fine. Not sure what may be causing this. Perhaps the thermister/sensor to check the thing has ignited properly which is cutting the gas?

Please let me have your ideas

thanks

Sponsored Links
most likely a problem for a RGI to sort.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the vote of confidence, I very seldom use MIs on here, can't be ar5ed to rifle through them,

check the pumps running, if the pd switch dont make. no ignition

U will need a rgi for this one it's a common fault with the old vcw range where reg maintenance ain't bin done properly,,the ignition rate creeps up so when boiler lights ignition is a bit fierce causing chamber to pulsate via air pressure switch switching on an off sometimes it will continue until lockout occurs

Are you are refering to the Vaillants where the burner pressure adjustment was under a lead sealed cover?

Years ago, I called Vaillant about one I found with the burner pressure very high and suggested the lead seals indicated they should not be touched.

The vaillant nupty told me they never gave any problem but if mine was too high then I could remove the seal and adjust it.

A few months later I received a recall notice to RGIs warning that all those models should be checked as burner pressures could become excessive!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back