Vaillant Combi (Turbomax Pro 28 2E) started working again ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered if anyone had any advice that they could offer as I know nothing about boilers !

48 hours ago the above boiler stopped producing any hot/warm water or heating the radiators. All the lights were coming on except the yellow pilot indicator and the fan started but the pilot wasn't firing up. We had someone take a look at it who added some pressure but without the manual then didn't want to look at it further

A couple of you on here kindly emailed me the installation/service manual and I was all set to get the landlord to send someone out again but the hot water and heating suddenly started working this lunchtime after a 48 hour break ??

Should I still be bugging the landlord to send someone out ( ie are they going to be able to find out what was wrong even though its now working )
I assume that if it stopped once then it will happen again but my landlord is taking the view that as its now working then theres no problem even though we have just spent 48 hours without hot water or heating

Thanks in advance

Karen

Sponsored Links
It is difficult to work out what may be going wrong when the boiler is working perfectly! If a fault presents itself any decent engineer should be able to analyse the chain of events the boiler goes through in order to light and heat water. Where it stops in this chain helps to locate where a possible fault may lie.

It may have simply been a pressure issue, now its been topped up all is ok. Vaillant are known for being pretty reliable, I can understand the landlord not wanting to pay someone to try and diagnose a non existent fault at present! Fingers crossed it continues to behave for you now!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back