Vaillant Ecotec 637

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently had a Vaillant Ecotec 637 installed with a Santon premier plus Cylinder (unvented system). The installation was part of a bigger project and I now need to verify a couple of things so would be grateful for any help.

1. Does the boiler live need to be in permanent live slot 1 of a S-plan or slot 10? The reason for asking is due to the fact that when the external controller has CH and DHW switch off the whole boiler is off (no display, as if mains power is switch off). I suspect it should be permanent live but all the s-plan drawing have it in slot 10.. Please help

2. I also have an external room stat which is wired up as per S-plan drawings, however, in the ecotec there is a bridge between pins 3 and 4 inside the ecotec's electronic control box. Should this bridge be removed and wired into the control box as follows pin 3 = Perm Live ( Grey)
4 = Switch Live (Orange)
5 = Neutral (blue)

I would appreciate any guidance,

Thanks

Sunny

Sponsored Links
As explained on the phone the boiler needs a permanent live to give frost protection and pump over run.

In your application the room stat should be wired as it is to the control circuit and not to the boiler.

What did not get discussed on the phone is that as you have an unvented cylinder that has to be fitted by someone with a suitable qualification and also notified to Building Control just like the boiler!

Tony

Permanent live needs to come from terminal 1 on the honeywell wiring block whilst the switched live is usually from terminal 10, or whichever terminal the 2 orange wires from the zone valves go to and goes to terminal 4 on the ecotec pcb.

Remove the link from 3-4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back