Vaillant Ecotec 837 - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have recently had a Vaillant Ecotec 837 combi installed but I am not sure if it is working correct - Can someone advise.
Hot water works fine no probs there.
The boiler has a Outdoor sensor for weather compensation installed - My installer had never fitted one before so he is unsure if system is working correctly or not.
The heating works but seems to keep cutting out before it reachs the temperature set on the VRC430 controller.
For example tonight I had the system on Auto and set the temputure to 25c and the room temp was 20c and outside was 15c
The sytsem came on s.4 was shown on the bolier, however when room temp got to 22c the system shut off.
s.7 was displayed on the boiler (pump over run)
next it went to s.8 (antic cycling mode) what ever that is??
There is also a flashing radiator on the bolier display (I am sure this is relevant but there is no mention in the manual)
After a perioed of time the boiler will reignite and go back to s4 but it seems to stop shortly after.
Checking the pressure of the boiler at the time it shuts off it is around 1.9 bar (which I would not think is the problem)
Is this working as it is supposed to or is there a fault?
what does the flashing radiator mean?

The boiler has been installed but plumber is on holiday and I have not been able to fill in waranty card as have no corgi number.
Please help

Rory

Sponsored Links
Try giving Vaillant a ring on their technical helpline.

The Vailant progammable room thermostats, I think, are quite difficult to get to grips with.

You should be able to get the installers registration number from the gas safe website..
http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/

Andy.

First thing I would check is the heating curve setting. He could have left it on the factory setting of 1.2. You need to set it on about 2.6 - 2.8 for the UK climate.

The boiler stat should also be left set on full with the 430 fitted.

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy
I called the vaillant technical support lots of russeling of manuals going on but they were not much help (especially at 60p a min) after about 10 mins they have suggested booking a service call.
My installer is coming back on Sat as he needs to fit the overflow into a drain so will get number and register the boiler.

Hi Dave thanks for the reply, the heating curve was set on 1.2 (my installer did say he had never installed a weather comp module before) I have adjusted it as you suggested so will see if this makes a difference.

Another question - I am using the 430 as a room stat should it be set as modulating to allow the weather compensation module to work or should it be on thermostatic?

Also if the boiler is in manual mode does the weather compensation still affect the boiler operation or is this only in automatic mode?

Thanks in Advance

Rory

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back