Vaillant ecotec 937 plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 3 storey 6 bed 1 bath and 2 shower rooms house and currently have a Gledhill Systemate 2000 which needs replacing. I was considering the above boiler as then I can do away with the thermal store and the boiler in the kitchen but I just want to know what the water pressure will be like as we currently get excellent water pressure.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It will run at what ever pressure your mains is at.

I suspect you realy mean FLOW - that is listed in the brochure, and will probably be on a par with the Gledhill.

As an alternative- look at the Atmos Multi 24/80+

the 937 with a blender valve is a fantastic bit if kit....as long as you have the right mains pressure and flow and the right size gas pipe

the shunt pump has nothing to do with the flow output of the hot water...

if you don't put the blender in the shunt pump will be put under stress and won't be happy...

much better to install it with a blender..

Sponsored Links
if you don't put the blender in the shunt pump will be put under stress and won't be happy....
do you wanna explain that?
Im with BL wouldnt buy this, for the size of it you may as well have a UV parked underneath a system boiler.

oh and just to add. This boiler wont cope with 3 showers at once in case your wondering

I agree...although in terms of up grading a combi this is a good choice

the shunt pump just works to move water from one cylinder to the other....

no fixed capacity vessel can release more than is put into it....and as their is a flow restrictor you need to supplement the flow out of the boiler by blending it down...

the shunt pump just works to move water from one cylinder to the other....
yes correct but that doesnt explain this comment does it
if you don't put the blender in the shunt pump will be put under stress and won't be happy....
its total bull plop. A blender makes no difference to the shunt pump. The shunt pumps on these are dog poo and so are the NRVs inside them.

I suspect that the shunt pump with the blender will only move relatively cool water between the two stores..without the blender it will just be moving warm/hot water between the two...not what it was designed for...

certainly the ones I have installed with blender have not suffered in anyway...some are coming up for their 4th year....

mickyg said:
oh and just to add. This boiler wont cope with 3 showers at once in case your wondering

I can confirm this is correct, it only just manages two outlets. On the other hand, I seem to have been lucky with the shunt pump :)

I suspect that the shunt pump with the blender will only move relatively cool water between the two stores..without the blender it will just be moving warm/hot water between the two...not what it was designed for...
lol what absolute tripe. you have no idea how these boilers work :LOL:

probably not, but at least when I install them I don't get issues!

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/data/downloads/f4/42/00/ecoTEC_plus_937_sales_brochure.pdf

Yes I was wrong totally and utterly...

lets put it another way... if you don't blend down after the boiler as I suggest the boiler will fire at maximum and the shunt pump will recharge at maximum.

If you do blend down then the draw off will be slower with corresponding reductions in shunt pump speed and boiler modulation.

Most people understand that running around at 30mph in a car is better for it than 70 mph... its much the same for boilers...

lets put it another way... if you don't blend down after the boiler as I suggest the boiler will fire at maximum and the shunt pump will recharge at maximum.
Your still using the same amount of hot water for the same application so it will recharge exactly the same, and whats the boiler firing got to do with the shunt pump now? you just adding that in for confusion?
If you do blend down then the draw off will be slower with corresponding reductions in shunt pump speed and boiler modulation.
again, seriously, stick to what you know. this is completely wrong.

well when you turn on tap after a blending valve the boiler ramps up very slowly, with out a blending valve the boiler has to fire at almost or at maximum straight away.

the shunt pump speed is determined by the flow sensor, so the must reflect the rate of entry into the tank.

Clearly by reducing the speed of the flow sensor the pump shunts slower to match the flow output..

Burner modulation is determined by the delta T over the plate heat exchanger...

why would it work another way?

No need to be insulting I know you know your stuff...

If high flow rates are needed go for an unvented with a system boiler, else the 837 or 838 shuld suit your needs.

The quote for an Unvented system plus new boiler in the kitchen came back at £5,500, I thought this would be a cheaper alternative.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back