Vaillant ecotec controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Vaillant Ecotec plus 428 (heat only condensing) fitted yesterday.

Boiler fires up and seems to work fine together with pump ,rads, hw etc

However whilst the progammer (a Potterton EP2002) lights up , it does not seem to be controling the boiler so I am on manual cotrol only . I can't tell if the room thermostat is working .

I've re-checked the wiring - we had 5 wires (from our previous Glow worm) 3 for L,N &E one for PL and one for terminal 4.

Sponsored Links
Temporarily take out the wiring to pins 3,4,5 on the boiler PCB.

Insert a link to 3 and 4.

If the boiler fires up under its own thermostat then it is functioning correctly.

You almost certainly have a wiring fault and from your post all the normal questions now appear relevant......regarding CORGI membership, was it a DIY, was it GWN'd etc etc.

Was a corgi installation.

Boiler works fine, just can't undersatand why programmer does not when it was working fine yesterday just before the change, and lihts up now ut does not seem to controll boiler

Sponsored Links
Potterton EP series was crud.

Many of us fear dropping the power to them as they often don't work afterwards. But it is simply checked with a multimeter before you buy another.

Most of the merchants are shut until after the New Year. Another Potterton :eek: will fit on the same wallplate, as it is often used as a wiring centre. If it hasn't been used as a marshalling yard, a much better replacement is the new Honeywell 9400 series with LoT programming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back