Vaillant Ecotec frost protection question

HGF

Reaction score
When the frost protection kicks in overnight, should heat come through all the radiators? Or should it just be within the boiler to prevent frost?

Our boiler is coming on during the night and the radiators are staying on for up to 8 hours.

I can't use my Altech sender wireless to override the boiler demand in fact my credit transmitter is not showing a flame to say it's sending a signal.

Not sure if it's the frost protection, my transmitter/receiver or a boiler fault.

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Dont know much about vaillants but my old wb 240 has a frost pipe stat as boiler is in an outback building which means it comes on in really freezing conditions at night, i have tweaked the stat so it comes on briefly (15mins) and it does heat the rads, other wise i would be looking at hugh gas bills during a cold winter.

most likely your external controls but cant be certain with the little information you have provided

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back