vaillant ecotec plus 428

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi this newly installed boiler seems to act like an electric kettle
on hw only it fires up for 15 secs reaches 70 then cuts out , cools then ignites again- slightly better when cw on as well - s53 comes up on display - installer awhol - is this a boiler output issue house ha 11 radiators but 6 are usedat the most i would appreciate your views
thanks

Sponsored Links
The boiler sounds over powered for a start.

The maximum power should be reduced for a start to about 10kW which will improve things.

But what was it chosen at the wrong power in the first place?

Tony

IMHO temperature rise is too quick - even downrating won't help.

My guess would be pump/ circulation related.

Is there; power to the pump, is it spinning, pump union valve not open, etc :?:

As PRS1 said call installer, i'm sure he has a friend who can help out while he is away. ;)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
28kW into six rads is never going to work properly!

He says its better with HW on so the pump seems to be doing something.

Its surprising but I find that 90% of installers go away without leaving anyone else to sort out their problems when away. Some of those 10% seem to like to gime my number in case of problems.

Those from third world countries often go away for 6 weeks or more at a time.

Tony

Afternoon Tony, (if I can call you this)

The OP said it is the HW that is giving the kettling, and its better with the CH on - some gravity circulation perhaps? ;)

Totally agree with you about holiday cover; Always had a mate covering my work.
And no; he wasn't busy :LOL:

Cheers

He may still have an old gravity cylinder with little heat transfer.

Its usually the bad installers who go away for a long time leaving their uncleaned system to clog up.

The conscientious installers do the job properly and arrange cover while away although its rarely needed.

Tony

Are we speculating again Tony? Where do you get the numbers from? I am in London at the moment and have no one covering for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back