Vaillant ecoTEC plus 618 R1 System Boiler

mickyg may have been referring to an unvented cylinder expansion vessell, BG brown nose engineer.

Face facts, ****ish gas are useless w@nkers.

Sponsored Links
mickyg may have been referring to an unvented cylinder expansion vessell, BG brown nose engineer.

Face facts, ****ish gas are useless w@nkers.

no I was referring to domestic heating vessels. Again, think about it.
Forget about the manufacturers literature, thats the trouble with BG engineers, no understanding of how things actually work its all about whats in a book or in a manual. Put the books down, forget google, and try using logic.
The point was made that the rubber diaphragm in a vessel would be damaged from a pressure of 3-4bar. Think about it.... :rolleyes:

What makes a PRV or an auto air vent to let by.....a dirty system...so do you think we were wrong to quote for a powerflush?

In this case BG was totally wrong! The PRV was leaking because the EXV was overpressured with air and nupty BG did not bother to check or reset it!

Its just all to easy for people to bad mouth BG on here and its generally the same people. Just out of intrest what was the 44 visit job, its just by my calculations that would have meant we were there everyday (including saturday and sunday) for the whole six weeks! See how the truth likes to get stretched on here.

I think that he was counting man days although it may have been longer than six weeks. It was just a very long time and a lot too many visits when I could fix it in a few minutes on the telephone.

Or the first engineer to visit could have asked on here! I wonder why we never see BG engineers asking on here about their work problems ( thats excluding their management of course ! ).

Tony

I thought that my NIGHTMARES were going to start all over again as i have had BG in AND OUT of my house NINE times ins 6 months and it was onlt till NOW that i told them about the F 75 REPAIR kit ( as explained by Vaillant) that they FINALLY INSTALLED THE BLOODY THING !!!

so all of you with an F75 issue, go through the usual steps as above BUT also INSIST in a F 75 KIT ,.,.... there is OBVIOUSLY a COMMON MANUFACTURING DEFECT or issue here since Vaillant have even got a MODIFICATION KIT for the bloody problem …. criminal ! ( or merciful !)

This is the part number for the F 75 kit which changes the position of the water pressure switch
0020023721. If you would like further advice then please contact vaillant technical advice line on
01634 292392.‬
‪

F75 = This fault is mainly to do with the water pressure sensor not detecting an increase in pressure when the pump starts running. The main causes for this could be pump seized, water pressure sensor not sending correct signal, faulty electronics or circulation problems. Firstly check to make sure pump is running when given a demand on the boiler, if it’s not running check voltage to make sure electronics are ok. Secondly check the voltages coming from the water pressure sensor match up to the pressure gauge (5vdc red to black - 1vdc green to black with 1 Bar pressure - 3.5 vdc green to black with 3 bar pressure). If they have the old type of water pressure sensor (pink/orange) then it is advisable to change it for the upgraded part (black). If there is a blockage or restriction in flow then this can cause F75 to appear. They will need to check the black rubber hoses for blockages if fitted and make sure the general condition of the system is correct. There is an F75 kit available but this is only to be used as a last resort after everything else has been checked or replaced.

‪If you still require assistance then please contact either our technical advice line on

>

01634 292392 or arrange for a Vaillant engineer to attend via 0870 6060 777.

f.22 Dry fire.. Too little water in the appliance, water pressure sensor defective,

cable to pump or water sensor defective, pump blocked or defective,

pump output too low

F.75 No pressure rise was detected on turning on the pump. Water pressure sensor or/and pump defective

Air in the heating system, quick bleeder defective

Too little water in appliance; check adjustable by-pass; connect

external expension vessel to retur

=========================

good luck !

ihope this post helps.

Sponsored Links
The F75 kit is only used on large systems, 12 rads +

System faults can be overcome with the use of this kit, but installation problems should be addressed by the installer (and often the customer who wants corners cut to reduce costs). With a healthy system a pressure ris of 0.2 bar will easily be acheived - 0.1 is all that is required, with three attempts bfore the F75 lockout.

The kit is another example of Vaillant, who every one loves to knock, engineering a cure for somebody else's failing.

It seems they forgot to mention that the expansion vessel charge should also be checked when experiencing F75 fault indications.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back