Vaillant ecotec plus 624 does not stop firing / heating

Uwe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hallo, I have above boiler since around 3 1/2 years with two Honeywell CM707 thermostats, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Worked brilliantly for 2 years and still does the job in summer for hot water, but now as soon as heating season comes, boiler often stays on and fires no end without following the programmed cycles from the thermostats. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Those times when it keeps firing, thermostats themselves show on display the right status , I.e. Off - but the boiler display shows the radiator symbol, burner operation symbol, internal pump running and activated gas valve.
very grateful for help :)?!

Sponsored Links
Probably a problem with one of the motorized valves.

View media item 11762
Turn the power off.

Check each valve in turn, as follows:

Move the lever along the slot from Auto to Man, then release

There should be resistance when you move it and it should go back, by itself, to Auto.

If the lever is loose and doesn't return, the valve is sticking open.

• Thanks
Reactions: Uwe
I found 3 motorised valves: one for hot water, one for upstairs and one for downstairs heating.
Actually two (cringe smile) do not seem to work correctly, the hot water and downstairs heating one. They are Honeywell F 3 - 9647 valves.

So your likely diagnosis was not only prompt but also correct!

Sponsored Links
By the way - I opened the box and sprayed some rust loosening, thin oil in the middle. The hot water valve immediately moved very easily. The stuck heating one improved but does need replacement, however it also currently works. I feel it will last until the plumber has time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back