Vaillant Ecotec plus 824 hot water no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I just had a Vaillant Ecotec plus 824 installed and could not figure out how to turn on the central heating. I followed the manual and nothing happens. I called my builder and he pushed the plus and minus button together and the system came on. However, it went off after 5 minutes and I froze the rest of the weekend. I didn't know that he had pushed both buttons at the same time. It's not in the instructions.

My problem now is that the system doesn't stay on for more than 10 minutes. There is an external thermostat but I don't see how it's working as I've moved it up down between 15 and 30 and nothing happens. There is also a timer clock but that doesn't do anything either. I've tried to override the system by pressing the +/- buttons together and it still only stays on for a short period of time. There are some openings for storage and my loft but these openings are not large.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can get the boiler to stay on as long as I'd like? I froze last night...

Kind Regards

Ty

Sponsored Links
Call your gas safe registered installer. Not a builder! He HAS to show you how it works.

Boilers should be installed by a gas registered person and notified to Building Control.

Tony

Sponsored Links
With no demand for hot water press the i button and turn the timer on and the room stat up - do you get S.30?

If so the dufus has not wired the boiler up properly :evil:

Pressing the + & - keys together is a test sequence, not proof that the boiler is working correctly.

If your roomstat and timer are calling for heat, check pin 4 for 240V. If it is not there put a link between 3 & 4, does it now fire up and give S1..7?
If still S.30 check that the CH knob is not broken in the off position, you can turn the spindle from insude the control box ;)

Post back later if you are still having problems, as I've got people to upset and will be back around 6 :)

I'm not getting any messages on the boiler. Water works fine.

My drayton digistat is saying it's asking the boiler for heat, however there is no radiator sign on the boiler.

What programmer and thermostat do you have?

Hi Griggs,

The thermostat is from Honeywell. The timer/programmer is built into the unit. It think that it may be turning off because it quickly warms up to high temperatures such as 60c / 65c.

I'm not getting any messages on the boiler. Water works fine.

My drayton digistat is saying it's asking the boiler for heat, however there is no radiator sign on the boiler.

I don't have a radiator sign on my boiler either!

Beerlover";p="1795902 said:
If your roomstat and timer are calling for heat, check pin 4 for 240V. If it is not there put a link between 3 & 4, does it now fire up and give S1..7?
If still S.30 check that the CH knob is not broken in the off position, you can turn the spindle from insude the control box ;)

have you done the above?

bobw1956";p="1796222 said:

have you done the above?

I have no idea what pin 3 or 4 is... I am getting the S.30 when I hit the i button. Crap! I will call my original builder that is a plumber. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back