Vaillant ecoTEC plus 937

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am very close to getting this product installed, does anyone have any experience of this product in terms of ht water performance.

Sponsored Links
I am sorry that no one has commented on your posting.

However, I am not very surprised!

What exactly did you expect anyone to say?

The manufacturers salesd sheets are probably misleading! After the store has been depleted the flow rate will reduce to that of a 37 kW boiler which is about 14 li/min raised 35°C.

Tony

There was a problem with 937 that has now been resolved.

If you want a wall hung fast flow boiler it has no real competitors.

If floor standing is OK then also look at the Worcester Bosch Highflow 440, or the forthcoming 550Cdi which can do 25 litres per min (if you are blessed with a water main that good).

Sponsored Links
There was a problem with 937 that has now been resolved.

If you want a wall hung fast flow boiler it has no real competitors.

The Alpha cd50, W-B 42cdi, Ethos 54 kW, all outperform it - and are smaller in case size. Others around if you look harder, like Glow Worm, etc.

My company fit them.

You go to exhibitions, read brochures, look on the internet.

The Worcester 42Cdi gives an inferior flow rate (the Worcester highflow 440 is the competitor to Vaillant's 937), the Alpha is an Italian boiler with nowhere near the build quality of the Vaillant, and the Ethos is a niche product which has not proved itself in the UK market and needs external accessories, making your space saving claim disingenious. It has no internal PRV, filling loop or expansion vessel.

It is easy to make a combi smaller if you leave significant parts out of the case. Also the Mikrofill ethos does not appear to have any plume management equipment available, which is a major drawback in the mainly horizontal flued UK market.

My company fit them.

You go to exhibitions, read brochures, look on the internet.

As well as other things.

The Worcester 42Cdi gives an inferior flow rate (the Worcester highflow 440 is the competitor to Vaillant's 937),

The 937 is rated at 15.5 and drops to around 14 l/min quite quickly. Not startling at all for such a large (like a washing machine on the wall) very expensive unit. And it has teething problems too.

the Alpha is an Italian boiler with nowhere near the build quality of the Vaillant,

3 yr guarantee and up to 5.

and the Ethos is a niche product which has not proved itself in the UK market and needs external accessories, making your space saving claim disingenious.

It still outperforms the 937 by ....miles..... It sells pretty well too.

It is easy to make a combi smaller if you leave significant parts out of the case. Also the Mikrofill ethos does not appear to have any plume management equipment available, which is a major drawback in the mainly horizontal flued UK market.

Mikrofill have plastic extension flues.

The Ethos is very well priced when you look at the performance and spec of the unit. Under 6 cu meters/hr gas rate, no other touches it for DHW flowrate.

I suggest your company looks at the Ethos rather than the 937. You will get the service side too, and many happy customers.

I've received a lot of good advice on this forum, no question. Always learning, always researching.

Tell me how many Ethos units you have installed and I might be inclined to sit up and listen. We give 5yrs on all Vaillants and they don't have external expansion vessels, PRVs and filling loops. When I've found an installer who has a significant installed base of this stuff I might be prepared to start taking my customers hard earned money for them.

You wax lyrical about all sorts of equipment but clearly have no practical experience. For instance, I could write all about the pros and cons of an ACV Heatmaster which you regularly recommend. Some of the parts you need aren't in the manuals or the web site. But if you hadn't fitted one you wouldn't know.

Finally, the Vaillant 937 delivers 200 litres in the first ten minutes at 35 deg delta T. Are you telling me the Worcester 42CDi improves on that?

I think the Worcester 550Cdi is going to be good and is based on a proven lineage and the WB5 Heatcell. We are already taking orders for it.

I've received a lot of good advice on this forum, no question. Always learning, always researching.

Tell me how many Ethos units you have installed and I might be inclined to sit up and listen.

I saw a few in operation. A small group of new houses and the developer went for these to save space and give extended running for body jet showers (a great selling point). He would have needed a very large cylinder. The expansion vessel was in the loft area and took no significant space. The case is small for such a high flowrate. I did fit one. They do perform very well.

A good man would be capable of assessing the equipment by looking and assessing and feedback - good or bad. It is a quality product, looking inside will tell you that. The spec is brilliant. weather compensation, OpenTherm controllers, etc.

You wax lyrical about all sorts of equipment but clearly have no practical experience. For instance, I could write all about the pros and cons of an ACV Heatmaster which you regularly recommend. Some of the parts you need aren't in the manuals or the web site. But if you hadn't fitted one you wouldn't know.

I have no need to fit, the same as an architect doesn't need to lay bricks.

Finally, the Vaillant 937 delivers 200 litres in the first ten minutes at 35 deg delta T. Are you telling me the Worcester 42CDi improves on that?

Makers confusing blurd - selective 10 mins. The W-B will go for ever at 17 litres/min while the gigantic 937 will return 14. The W-B will "just" about do one body jet shower.the 937 will not - maybe for a few minutes.

I think the Worcester 550Cdi is going to be good and is based on a proven lineage and the WB5 Heatcell. We are already taking orders for it.

The 550 looks good and I like the 440 (not cheap though), but floor mounted so in a different category. Fine for utility rooms.

High flow instant DHW, combi and multi-point, can cope with body jet showers, which are becoming very popular. Storing water in cylinders is out of the question in may cases as the cylinder is far too large. That is why I like external Rinnais to cope, with a flow switch on the cold feed with the room stat circuit run through it (switches out the CH boiler). A heat bank which combines the boiler's output with the energy in the stored works quite well for such a small cylinder size, oudoing any unvented cylinder.

In one job they were to have a body jet shower and had a small cylinder and newish CH boiler. Removing the cylinder an replacing with a large one and big power shower pump they "knew" had to be done. Removing the cylinder, zone valves, etc, to great acclaim, and fitting an external Rinnai did the trick and cheaper and no complaints about performance. The existing CH boiler was retained for CH only, simplifying the CH system. Splitting the two appealled to them in case one was down.

Now that 60 kW condensing Takagi multi-point. I wish it was available here in the UK. It can even do CH too by slapping on a bronze pump and plate heat X. And fitted outside too.

Once the HW store is used up the basic laws of physics, regardless of manufacture brand will not let a 30Kw combi give more than a round 12.5 l/min.

Hello,

Thank you for all the helpful replies, I am not a fan of Worcester boilers, and I don't have the floorspace anyway. So I should be getting the Vaillant, thankfully the problems are now fixed.

You do right, both myself and the company i work for fit vaillant's, and many a happy customer have we had. No other company i know rings you up and tells you the product you fitted X amount of months, years ago has a problem and they've been out an replaced the said product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back