Vaillant Ecotec Plus. unsure if error is user fixable......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Vailland Ecotec Plus combi and as of this afternoon i get the error message F.22 I have looked threw the manual but am unable to find a solution to the problem.

Before i spend money on getting someone out (and maby wasting both our times) i would like to know if the is a simple way for me to fix it and get the heating/water back. if it involes any skills then i will have to call someone out, but if all i need to do is switch something, or turn a knob , im sure i can do that just fine.

thanks for reading, hope you can help

Sponsored Links
thanks for your super fast reply, is the pressure shown by the gauge on the right hand side of the control panel, if so the gauge shows there is no pressure atall, the arrow is all the way at the start

Sponsored Links
thanks for the help :)

would you please be able to tell me how i re-fill to 1 bar :oops:

do you think this is something i can do myself (no boiler expericance) or will i need to call someone in to re-fill it back to 1 bar

it sounds like an easy task, but then as i said above i have no bolier experiance.

thanks again for all your super fast replys

I read the F.A.Q's //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37170

REFILLING A SEALED SYSTEM

If you have a sealed combi system your pressure should be topped up to around 1 bar, (consult your manual for the manufacturers recommended operating pressure).

This is done via a silver braided pipe under your boiler in which the valve is opened to allow water through until you reach the correct pressure

Valliant Turbomax has a small key which is turned by a quarter turn to allow water in.

Worcester Bosch has a large plastic key which is inserted and then you open a round grey knob to allow water in.

This looks like its what i need, but as i n00b i would just like confirmation, so for anyone that knows is this what i need to do

Not sure if the boiler has an integral filling loop.

I'm sure someone will know.

Is there anything that looks like this under the boiler or anywhear else on the pipework.

35419.jpg

yes exactly the same, under the boiler

I take it im on the right track then

HI
This boiler has a built-in filling loop , if you look up underneath the boiler you will see two grey taps. Look at the position they are in before you start, then turn both taps a quarter turn. You should hear water running and the gauge will go up. The needle on the gauge should be in the middle of the grey area. Then turn the taps back to their original positions.

Regards,

Paul

sorry too late

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back