Vaillant or Broag Remeha?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given the choice between a ecoTEC plus 618 or an Avanta 18s is one much better than the other?

Everything I read says that the Vaillant customer support is awful although the boilers are good. The Remeha approach seems more helpful with a lot of information on their website. The Remeha controls look like they might be better than the Vaillant's. How do the Remeha boilers compare?

Sponsored Links
Toss a coin, I suspect you'll get pretty much a 50/50 split on this one. I'd run with the Vaillant, but only because that's what we currently use, I have no experience of the Avanta range

As I understand it ? & I might be wrong ? but Broag Remeha use sub contract labour for any in warranty work ? were as Vaillant have there own directly employed engineers !

Sponsored Links
There is NOTHING wrong with properly appointed Service Agents we are proud to be associated a several boiler manufacturers and aim to provide them with the same service they would get using their own guys!!

However the group that owns Remeha (De Dietrich) have jut taken over Potty/Baxi so i suspect the Heatteam will be looking after The Avanta range in the future

To answer the OP's question the Remeha is a far superior boiler to the Vaillant ;)

The more discerning installer would install a Veissmann over these every time.
Better engineered, and a full 5year parts and labour guaranty!

The more discerning installer would install a Veissmann over these every time.
Better engineered, and a full 5year parts and labour guaranty!

Yes, but only if money is no object.

The Broag will be approx £200 less than the (inferior IMHO) Vaillant. The Viessman will be a few hundred more than the Vaillant.

My parents 5 year old Vaillant has had three repairs, and is noisy. My Broag Avanta has proved totally reliable, and is so quiet I can hardly hear it running.

Check your figures! Viessmann are slightly dearer than the Remaha but less than Vaillant,
£150-£200 is nothing when you consider the warranty, reliability and lifetime of the product.
It cost £100 to fill a Ford Transit up with fuel these days, think about it as you need to as it's a no brainer to pay slightly more at time of purchase!
You will be delighted once it's fitted. Think again!

Since it looks as if the boilers are considered roughly equal then the controls would be a deciding factor.

One of the things that would help make the decision is knowing which one will give me a 7 day programmable, wireless, modulating thermostat with optimisation. I'm not so bothered with weather compensation or at least I don't want to be stuck with it if it doesn't work that well.

Boilerman2";p="1795766 said:
There is NOTHING wrong with properly appointed Service Agents we are proud to be associated a several boiler manufacturers and aim to provide them with the same service they would get using their own guys!!

Nothing wrong at all , providing those whom purchase the boiler are aware of it .

Under certain circumstances ? complications can arise from useing a manu that uses service agents !

Check your figures! Viessmann are slightly dearer than the Remaha but less than Vaillant,
£150-£200 is nothing when you consider the warranty, reliability and lifetime of the product.
It cost £100 to fill a Ford Transit up with fuel these days, think about it as you need to as it's a no brainer to pay slightly more at time of purchase!
You will be delighted once it's fitted. Think again!

Perhaps my figures were a little skewed, because I get good discounts on the Broag as I fit quite a few. I rarely buy Vaillants or Viessmans.

However, and I am willing to be corrected on this if wrong, but a mid-sized Broag combi should be available for not much more than £700. The other two wouldn't leave much change out of a grand.

Broag combis are available with Opentherm compensation.

Vaillants & Veissman combis a grand ??

Go for the Remeha OP , stainless steel heat exc same as the vaillant & veissman , doubt there is any difference in quality ?? may be , possibly ?

Viessmann 30 kw Combi £745 including vat.

The heat exchanger is superbly engineered,cohesion with. 10 year warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back