vaillant turbomax plus 828-5, no display, fault code 64 (F64)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

i have had a problem with my boiler for a few days now. i checked it the other day and it displayed f64. i then looked at the history and it included f22. then the display went. i have checked the fuses and they are fine. i also checked the ntc thermistors which were all reading 3.3 kohms.
im not to sure what else to check. the f64 code says possible short on the ntc or electronic fault. i am dreading the electronic fault as it could cost around £150 for a new pcb or maybe a reconditioned part at a lower cost which is looking like the option.

any help or advice before i bring in an engineer.

thanks

simon

Sponsored Links
i can only advise so much , but you probably have a problem with electrics which could be costly so it would be prudent to call the professionals in mate which needs testing afterwards . don't go fiddling because you could cause a lot more damage if done wrong which will cost a lot more(y) could ( ? ) also be electrics outside the boiler as well. the bunneyman might be around later to give advice to be sure , he's your man on this one .

Last edited:
what sort of test do they do afterward?
i have had a look at the cost of boards available on ebay and some are quite cheap, i dont want to pay £260 for one if i can help it.
thanks for the response

Sorry mate can't advise any further if your gas safe join the combustion chamber, bunneyman or 831 maybe able to advise further they know a lot more than I do ,

Sponsored Links
well i was thinking that getting the opinion of a professional, if he says replace the pcb i could probably do that myself. at the moment a new board is looking from £150 - £260 and then the cost of the professional, for his opinion on fixing and then if he did the fix himself. could cost more than £300. on the other hand i could just buy a second hand part and change it over, if it doesnt work than i know it cant be that. if it does, than it cost £30-£40 for the second hand pcb.

You can't do that yourself, you have not been been listening why do you think you can sort this , do you really think a £30 board would work ? do you know where this board is coming from ??? And you don't have necessary testing equipment to do it safely, you don't even know you diagnosed the right part .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back