Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E boiler - loss of power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
While using the shower, the water started to run cold. When I checked the boiler, it seemed to have lost all electrical power with the display blank. I've checked the fuse which is ok but I can't get it to come on. I'm not qualified but wondered if someone could suggest a possible cause or if there is something basic I could try please.
Thank you
Nigel

Sponsored Links
You would need to be able to measure AC voltage and trace the supply towards the boiler.

Many of these faults are caused by accidentally turning off a switched fused spur!

But if not competent in dealing with mains voltage then calling a boiler engineer would be safer!

Tony

Thanks Tony,
I did switch off the power at the spurred fused socket below the boiler but have switched it back on again. As I say, I checked the fuse and wiring inside the box - looks fine, and the main fusebox for the house is ok. Do you think by just doing that, it's tripped something? I don't have a meter to check the voltage, is there anything else I can try?
Many thanks,
Nigel

You cannot see electricity and the only way to test is with meters!

If you cannot do it yourself then call a boiler engineer!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you Tony. There's a small fuse in the circuit board that had blown. I replaced it a couple of times, but it keeps blowing so I think I'll have to get an engineer. Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Nigel

Thanks for that Tony. I'm in Ashford, Kent. Is that not too far for your mate?
Best wishes
Nigel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back