Vaillant Turbomax plus 828E Hot Water Problem

Anybody know what the jumper settings should be, going to speak to the engineer tonight and would like to be able to point him here so he can see what the jumpers should be set to, if indeed they need setting based on the pics I posted ?

Sponsored Links
Tony why do you look down your nose at other folk who carry out work. You hardly ever have anything pleasant to say about a fellow engineer
He has his own pedestal didn't you know?
"Self praise is no praise"...as they say..;)
......then again who are we to argue???? :censored:

Sponsored Links
Typical, can't get hold of engineer - can anybody at-least point out where on the PCB the jumpers are/should be ? One other thing, the boiler keeps making this sound, something like trrrrr, trrrrr, trrrr, roughly 3 times. Noticed it happens right after the hot water tap has been switched off or if the boiler fired up and then when it stopped. Any ideas what this might and could it be related to jumper settings ?

Typical, can't get hold of engineer - can anybody at-least point out where on the PCB the jumpers are/should be ? One other thing, the boiler keeps making this sound, something like trrrrr, trrrrr, trrrr, roughly 3 times. Noticed it happens right after the hot water tap has been switched off or if the boiler fired up and then when it stopped. Any ideas what this might and could it be related to jumper settings ?

The noise is the diverted valve and is normal. It's nothing to do with the jumper setting.

You won't get that advise on here as it relates to gas works as it controls the gas valve.

Your engineer should know what to do.

Keeo ringing him.

Jon

Just an update -it turns out the diverter valve needed changing. Boiler engineer did not change any jumper settings on the PCB.

That is a little surprising as it was making a noise.

The behaviour on a Vaillant boiler with a failed diverter is very well defined and I think that I might have put it on the FAQ but certainly in many postings.

So has it been replaced now and its all working again?

Was the PCB really faulty?

Tony

Did he charge you about £200 for a new PCB ?

Or a reasonable mark up on a repaired board which costs about £65 ?

Tony

It's all working for now. Been told I should get the system flushed otherwise diverter could fail again or some other part may fail.

I believe the PCB was faulty, boiler simply wouldn't fire(f29 followed by f28) until it was replaced - it is a repaired PCB board as you alluded, charged me £90 for it, that's reasonable I suppose.

The diverter valve was working ok prior to the boiler going into lockout mode so not sure how that became faulty.

Tony, can you point me to the FAQ you mentioned - can't seem to find it.

Does not seem to be put in there.

But I did find where I had given it is a reply.

These are the symptoms:-

Stuck on CH :-

DHW demand gives CH
CH demand gives CH

Stuck on DHW

DHW demand gives DHW
CH demand gives nothing.

Im sorry but you are either fibbing or u have been mugged, there is no doubt 100% that jumpers wrong and your hot water CANNOT FUNCTION AND BE HOT, i will say what others are thinking, he has either fitted a diverter to get more money out of u an sneeky changed the jumper or ur telling porkie, sorry

+1 for the above.

Was thinking it myself but wasn't going to give the OP the benefit seeing as he wouldn't listen in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back