Vaillant TurboMax Plus - No Hot Water and Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler just stopped working on Monday afternoon. I've checked the codes but all I seem to get is s.36, which isn't an error message.

There is no heating or hot water. When I run the hot water tap, the boiler shows s.21 and when I try and reboot it, it shows s.23 then s.36.

I did notice a couple of days before the boiler stopped working that everytime we ran hot water in the kitchen (where the boiler is based), the boiler made a really weird sound.

The green light still comes on but there is no orange light at all. Currently our boiler is switched off.

Is there any way anyone can help with this?

I've called a few plumbers who have told me they are not working until 4th of January. I've called British gas and the national grid. Still, no one is able to help. I even called Vaillant last night and their offices were closed.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What does the pressure guage read and what does the display read when you press the minus button ?

Hi, thanks for responding.

Pressure is just over 1 (in the green area). Display say s.36 no matter what button I press.

Turn your boiler off at the main switch so it cuts all power to boiler (not the switch on the front of the boiler) and leave for a minute then turn back on again and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I've done that. Still not working.

I think it may have something to do with the fan?

What is your postcode in case anyone from here may be willing to help.

Tony

What is your postcode in case anyone from here may be willing to help.

Tony

Hi!

A plumber has come and gone. The boiler needs a new fan and it's also leaking. So apparently it needs serious care.

Seems to me that it just needs a repair!

Just reread you first post and see that the fault occurred last Monday.

So you did not seem very concerned about getting it repaired before next Monday.

But tomorrow is a working day and so hopefully a new fan is being bought tomorrow.

Although I can usually get that model going again.

Tony

Seems to me that it just needs a repair!

Just reread you first post and see that the fault occurred last Monday.

So you did not seem very concerned about getting it repaired before next Monday.

But tomorrow is a working day and so hopefully a new fan is being bought tomorrow.

Although I can usually get that model going again.

Tony

The boiler just stopped working mid-Monday afternoon. No one had realised until the evening when there was no hot water.

Tuesday morning is problably the day it set in for everyone. I've been running around like a headless chicken for the last two days since then, trying to figure out what's happened.

I adjusted the pressure/water levels- no change.

Yesterday morning, I contacted a Vaillant certified plumber, who told me it's the fan/flue.

Last night I had a visit from another plumber, who confirmed this and lubricated the fan.

He fixed the fan but recommended that it needed to be replaced and there is a leak in one of the pipes - so the water pressure will drop unless it is fixed.

I don't think there will be anyone around from now until 4th of January to help me out with this. Unless someone here is willing?

That is only about one mile from me although potentially difficult parking because of all the restrictions around the Neasden Temple. Although 232 from outside my house passes!

But if the last one lubricated the fan that will usually get it working again on a temporary basis for a few days until it can be replaced.

So based on what you have said it is working again.

It would be normal for the repairs to be completed by the last one attending.

But you seem to have had several different people involved! I do hope that those attending have been paid.

Tony

That is only about one mile from me although potentially difficult parking because of all the restrictions around the Neasden Temple. Although 232 from outside my house passes!

But if the last one lubricated the fan that will usually get it working again on a temporary basis for a few days until it can be replaced.

So based on what you have said it is working again.

It would be normal for the repairs to be completed by the last one attending.

But you seem to have had several different people involved! I do hope that those attending have been paid.

Tony

Hi Tony,

That's nice to know you are very local. I actually live closer to Monks Park.

The Vaillant plumber gave me his opinion after I sent him an email. He didn't physically see the boiler.

The plumber who came last night was really helpful and will be paid, but he did not have a fan on hand to replace ours - which is understandable.

Do you have any idea why I can purchase this fan? Once I've got it, I can arrange for an installation.

It would be normal for the person doing the repair to obtain the replacement fan.

They are available from places like Plumb Centre in Park Royal.

The fans are quite expensive and I would probably only have a used one in stock for emergency repairs.

Replacing a fan is not a DIY project because they are part of the gas combustion system.

But you have not confirmed that the boiler is working now.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back