vaillant vcw 242 EH not working on central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler isnt working on central heating but is on hot water although its not very warm, any ideas what could be the cause

Sponsored Links
It had been working on heating until it was drained, ive checked the high limit stat incase it had cut in

Sponsored Links
It's probably just air locked. Look at the diverter valve on the right hand side, does it pull inwards fully when you put the heating on?

Boiler was drained down throught the PRV, not ideal I know and air vent was opened on refill, the diverter valve pushes out on DHW and goes back in on heating demand, ive also manually pushed it fully in but still wont light

when u say the diverter moves in fully does it definately activate both microswitches??they can become lazy and just operate bottom switch.

I manually pushed the top microswitch in just to make sure and it did fire but I let the switch go and it wouldnt relight

If it didn't make the switches it won't relight. It will, most likely, be air. second choice on my list would be diaphragm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back