Vaillant VCW 282 EH Boiler - won't even attempt ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for my first post to be asking for help- I was directed here from a google search and saw others have had helpful advice.

The boiler pump spins round but it does not ignite on its own - there isn;t an ignition button. Someone has suggested that it needs to be pressurised to 1.6 bar to activate the low pressure switch (we've yet to try this and are on one bar).

Anyone have any ideas?

Ive downloaded a manual from the internet but the pictures have been badly scanned in and you can't see much. Ive looked at the manual but it doesn't really give me any ideas.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1 Bar with the system cold is ample pressure...there is no pressure switch in this boiler. Drop the pressure back down otherwise you will create more problems.

Do a serach...there are 100's of postings on this model.

I have done a search but there is nothing posted about this particular problem, which is why I thought i'd post to see if anyone could share opinions etc :)

I haven't actually put the pressure up yet as I wasn't sure. The boiler hasn't been in use for about 6-9 months at least.

I will keep googling (I know the best thing would be to get an engineer out but there's no chance of that at this time of year).

I dont know where this idea comes from that engineers are not working.

Every day I go and repair boilers and will continue as long as anyone calls me for help.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile - Engineers not working? No very much the opposite, they are all working hence the wait to have one come out to me (locally anyway).

I have been in touch will Vaillant and taken out one of their home plans and have an engineer coming Thursday.

DP - Abreviation for a football club (nothing sinister)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back