Vaillant VCW-sine 18T3WFH Repair or replace????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi boiler gas ceased to function. Worked yesterday - dead today. The main burner fails to fire up for either hot water or heating. The C/H circ pump also ain't starting. All the lights are on the switches + the pilot light is ignited. There are 2 x 2A fuses in the panel + these are OK.
Any other likely causes for this failure that are relatively easy to investigate/repair?
Is it worth getting Vaillant engineer to look at (£210 fixed fee) or am I better off going for a more efficient new model?

Sponsored Links
Get Vaillant on fixed fee

I love these things and they do go on and on

but if they breakdown (specially the pcbs) they can be bloody dear to fix and take awhile to get the parts

:)

Is there power going to the pump?

Is the rotor free to turn?

I am very comfortable with these and find most faults fairly easy to manage even with a slightly restricted spares availability.

Sometimes I wonder if I should do a short course on how they work and fault finding with them?

Tony

I dont find fault finding hard either (usually a sticky servo :))

parts are very dear these days is my point so best to go for the fixed rate by vaillant

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.
Found a high temperature reset on the wiring diagram, pressed the reset, 'click' - back in business.
Would have paid £210+vat for the Vaillant engineer to do the same.
How gutted would I have been............?

Overheat is often following letting the water pressure get too low.

I thought the pump still worked on these even when the o/h stat had tripped? But its a long time since I needed to reset one.

Tony

Hi Steve

I've got the same problem as you had with your Vaillant boiler and don't have/can't download the instruction manual from anywhere.

Can you tell me where the reset button is? I can see the diagram showing it, but can't work out where it is.

hope you can help - its a very cold weekend!

Steve

Thanks for the replies.
Found a high temperature reset on the wiring diagram, pressed the reset, 'click' - back in business.
Would have paid £210+vat for the Vaillant engineer to do the same.
How gutted would I have been............?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back