Vaillant vrdialog - anyone using?

Either that was missing from my VR65, or my installer made a mistake. Certainly I have a thermostat attached to my cylinder in the manner you describe, but it's a Honeywell unit, not a Vaillant one.

Cheers

You can connect either a cylinder thermostat or an NTC sensor to the VR65; the VR65 manual shows the NTC for use with the Vaillant Unistor only. I used the sensor on a standard cylinder from Screwfix.

It's a standard VR10 sensor, you can get one from Vaillant.

Sponsored Links
Can someone tell me where I can buy the latest versions of vrdialog with the connections and kit?????

Can someone tell me where I can buy the latest versions of vrdialog with the connections and kit?????

Google "vrdialog buy uk", there are a few places.

I got mine from BHL. It took a while and was v dusty - had clearly been on the shelf for a long time wherever they'd finally found it.

As for "latest versions", you're out of luck. You get whatever version is in the box. Possibly if you're an installer with some sort of relationship with Vaillant, it might be possible to get software updates. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that.
If anyone else is looking for it the vaillant part number is 0020023370 and parts centre have them for £68

As for "latest versions", you're out of luck. You get whatever version is in the box. Possibly if you're an installer with some sort of relationship with Vaillant, it might be possible to get software updates. Good luck.

I googled for it, there's a link on the Vaillant site which should link to the download of the latest version, but the link is broken. maybe they'd fix it if you e-mailed them.

Re your stove;
" Closing valves in the gravity circuit has no effect on the temperatures at the back of the stove in the pipes. It's also very dangerous if you forget they're closed and light the fire - it's a bomb. "

You shouldn't have any valves in the gravity circuit between open vent and cold feed. I'd probably have a couple of pressure relief valves on it as well. Whilst you know about it now, it's easy to forget, or the valves get mistaken for something else and closed, or knocked by accident, or someone else works on it in future. It happened on I K Brunel's Great Eastern; if it can happen to him it can affect us mere mortals.

"Gravity circulation starting up; always starts up like this, with the temperature making 3 peaks in this pattern before settling down."

I don't know what that is, but I'd first suspect air getting trapped in the pipes at high points. The air would be displaced as it expands causing intermittent flow. If that is the cause, I'd be concerned that there's air getting in or there is corrosion generating gas. The gravity pipework must be carefully laid to a continuous fall away from the air vent.

"Is the hot water tank heating the stove when it's not lit?"

Is it connected to a thermal store or neutralizer? These are intended to stop nuisance circulation by ensuring there is no pressure differential between flow and return pipes generated by the heating pump. See the Dunsley site.

Hi,
i also had a old version of vaillants vr dialog software.
Then someone send me a link to the polish vaillant site. There is a working download link to a beta version of VR-Dialog (V 2.2.2.11 oct2009).
Hope this helps.
Works fine with my Heatpump VWS84/2, the VR60 Module and my AuroMATIC 560.

best regards,
Reinhard

Works fine with my Heatpump VWS84/2, the VR60 Module and my AuroMATIC 560.

Is the autoMatic 560 actually on the eBus?

Vaillant is telling me that the only solar controller that is eBus enabled is the 620.

The 560 installation manual says it is eBus enabled but there appears to be no connections for the eBus...

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back