Vaillant VRT 50 control wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Vaillant ecotec 831 combi with the 'simpler' timeswich 130 and a honeywell non digital dial type roomstat.

I am looking to replace the roomstat with a vaillant VRT50 programmable roomstat to provide a more stable house temperature.

According to the Vaillant website the 130 & the VRT50 are designed to work together --- the 130 being non ebus and the VRT being ebus.

We want to keep things as staightforward as possible so does this combination work well (regardless of what Vaillant say)

Also I understand that a ebus cable will need to run from the boiler to the roomstate location -- which will be straightforward.

Any advice very welcome - thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, this will work ok. I have used this combination in the past.

Thanks Dave .....

..... Is connecting via the ebus cable straightforward? The literature says it must be connected by an approved installer so it looks like I will need to have this done professionally ---- no problem with this as I'd prefer it be done 'properly'

Guess it's a fairly quick job though ------ if necessary I can run the cable myself which will need to go behind the kitchen units.

Can you advise what type (if appropriate) ebus cable to get -- the website refers to a simple 2 connection cable.

Finally and re the purpose of the excercise, I'm assuming this unit will provide greater control and importantly a far more even temperature.

Thanks

You just need 0.75mm twin cable/flex.

You don't need anyone to connect it up.

Only 2 terminals on boiler pcb, marked + and -, same on stat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Dave

Seems straight forward enough. rather than lay a new cable can I use the existing one that the anologue stat is connected to and disregard the earth wire. --- I know this is mains live so I will need to unplug the boiler at the mains.

The ebus connections seem easy but I assume the present stat will be connected to terminals 3 & 4 on the boiler. When these are removed I assume the bridge will need to be established to complete the connection.

Thanks again for any advice.

My mother has a 2 wired vaillant vrt50 fitted a struggles to operate it (she is 80 years old). Can you replace this unit with a standard non programmable one...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back