Vaillant VRT-QTA and old Vaillant boiler - no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
27-11 NEW PHOTOS:

So here are actual photos of my thermostat and boiler. The stat seems to be working - clock displaying correct time etc with audible ticking, and yet no heating on any of the switch settings.

All radiators are open.

We have hot water but no heating, and what I assume is the ignition switch doesn't seem to do anything.

The odd thing is it worked when we first tried it but has now inexplicably stopped.

Any suggestions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have this model but no manual for it and can only find German ones online. Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks,

Stuart [/img]

Sponsored Links
That's about as basic programable stat as you'll find
What do you need to know

Slide the tappets out for when you want the heating on, and turn the small dial to the clock symbol.

Is your boiler also Vaillant and old as the stat?

Sponsored Links
Cheers.

But how do I set the time? I assume I use the arrow and the 24 hour markers, but then what do the actual clock hands signify, since they don't correspond.

For example, when the 12 is aligned with the arrow, the clock hands are in the 3 o'clock position.

Still no joy. Don't know how to set the time, and heating only comes on seemingly randomly. Now for example the switches are out but no heating. Tried the other two settings on the side switch and no luck. I know the boiler itself is working because I have managed to get the heating on on occasion, but it seems random.

Are you sure about the time issue, at time of pic the hands say 10 o'clock and the dial behind looks to be showing the same at the top.

That's a stock photo.

I see the problem now - the clock hands don't move at all. The dial moves fine though but it still doesn't come on at the times indicated by the tappets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back