Vaillant vSmart to replace VRT392

Its replacing all the other controllers, its going to be customisable to do everything eventually, although i think you spotted the first fatal flaw in my eyes only 2 different temps available on the profiles

Sponsored Links
Not that i know of, i think they are goin to build on the 700 using that as the base. I think the 900 and 700 will be a lot more expensive than vsmart

seems like the vSmart is the one to go for as it offers more variability on the programmes, is remote ready out of the box & cheaper.

does the 700 do anything that the vSmart doesn't (other than sensor based WC)?
I can't see any advantage of the 700 over vSmart in the documentation.

Sponsored Links
So the Vsmart weather comp is powered by netamo. Whilst I was looking around, it seems the Vsmart is extremely similar to the netamo smart stat. Would be good to know if the netamo did modulation as I assume the VSmart does. If so could save £100 by just getting netamo

https://www.netatmo.com/en-GB/product/thermostat

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...thermostat-netatmo-by-starck-50304.de_de.html

I found it was powered by netamo by going to vg-thermostat.com (domain used to validate Vsmart email) which redirects to netamo.

Luckily someone up the road has a netamo weather station so should get close outside temp.

Mmm you know a lot, the vsmart is ok, modulation is poor compared to the 470 etc, it seems to get stuck around 55c whatever the curve is. The software is third party an doesnt seem to like our ebus much. Also having to have a plug near the bouler is very restrictive in the real world

With your insight into VSmart & 700/900 controllers I think that makes both of us @Bunnyman (n) that know a lot.

You always want the best for the situation and wallet. They all have compromises though.
Non vaillant have great features but no modulation
Vr700 & 900 ok but expensive and limited temp profiles
Vsmart ok but poor modulation
Vr470f awkward to program, no auto heatcurve, limited temp settings.

I had hoped the boiler did the modulation rather than the controller? I assumed the controller just passed on the necessary parameters like in/out temps and required temp with the boiler working the rest out.

Hi Guys.
How are people finding the vSmart?

I'm considering one for my setup.
Vaillant ecoTech system boiler on an S Plan (one heating zone and one cylinder).
How does the vSmart interact with the motorised valves?
Do you need a VR65 module too or do you simply set the existing timecontroller (Honeywell in my case) to permanently on?

I'd hold off for the mo.
The app is lacking basic stuff like separate hw and heating times, temp of tank, temp drop of tank before recharging etc, any meaningful stats of the system. Also unable to read or change boiler attributes from the app that you could from the vr470 controller. You may be wondering why you'd want all that, but then why would you need an internet connected thermostat if you just wanted it to turn off and on.
The vr407 outside temp is always accurate while the Internet temp is not.
Our Daughter is in the coldest room in the house so I put the thermostat in there, it reads 2c less than 3 other quality digital stats and the offset setting in the app advanced section is cosmetic meaning it shows the right temp but the boiler shuts off at the temp the stat reports rather than reaching the corrected offset temp (desired = 22, stat reported = 22, actual = 20, offset -2c adjusted stat = 20c but boiler turns off)

I'm hoping vaillant will update their app and address these faults. Lastly Netatmo have home kit enabled controllers I assume vaillant will rebadge soon.

Best off with the vaillant controller bunny man recommended.

I should add vsmart needs a wiring centre to connect to the boiler, vr65 is compatible or vsmart can be purchased bundled with vr66.

My boiler is cycling on off often with a low flow temp under 40c.

My boiler is cycling on off often with a low flow temp under 40c.

Is your boiler output modulating down to such a low flow rate? Do you have the VRC470f installed?

Sorry Kaos24, you have the vSmart yes?

So how do we get hold of the VR900 in the UK?

The app is lacking basic stuff like separate hw and heating times, temp of tank, temp drop of tank before recharging etc, any meaningful stats of the system.

Presumably you need a Vaillant cylinder with the appropriate sensors for this to work?

I had the vr470f but swapped for the vsmart.
My setup is ecotec 630, vr66 with the cylinder dry pocket temp sensor, gledhill unvented system cylinder.

You'd have to import the vr900 from amazon, I see they have the v700 on the uk vaillant website which I assumed was the same as the 900 but see it's not.

The vr470f works but is missing auto heat curve and sensible ways to extend the heat or water time and a way to remotely monitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back