Vailliant Control VR65 comm error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping someone can help.
I have an ecoTEC 630 that was installed with a very basic timing system. Having looked through the literature I decided that it would run better with a VR65 linked in with a room thermostat. I went with the VRT 392F that controls the hot water too.

All was well for the first two weeks and now I am getting a re-occuring fault. A red light shows on the reciever unit and the control thermostat reads "Boiler communication error". I re-set everything and moved the room thermostat into the same room as the boiler in case it was sited too far away and causing problems. It then ran fine for 24hrs or so before developing the same fault. When it is in this fault mode the boiler stays on heating the rads only until you turn the boiler off.
Again, it can all be rectified by re-starting everything and then the fault develops again some time later.
Has anyone had this issue and if so what is the solution?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back