Valiant EcoTEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Old lady I know is having trouble with her boiler. Fitted in 2010. The pressure keeps dropping and she's worried. I'm not a plumber but I have run pipework for installations and the first thing that springs to mind is a leak somewhere but I would expect this to show itself somewhere, which is hasn't. She's been shown how to top the water up and she does this all the time but she is not happy having to keep doing this. Are there any immediate concerns or suggestions that may help?

Sponsored Links
Thanks muggles.. is this a manufacturer's defect? What are the options ?

tell her to ask the engineer who does the annual service to check it out. as above its possible an expansion vessel, prv issue. if she has not had it serviced for a few years it probably needs an important seal changing.

Sponsored Links
If those are the problem what is the typical cost to rectify? London area

if the vessel just needs recharging then the cost should be 1 hours labour. this can be done on an annual service so maybe book a service if it has not been done in last 12 months but tell the engineer theres a pressure loss issue.

Possibly £80+vat for a service and seal change assuming the seal hasn't been left too long and there's no damage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back