Valliant combi boiler, hot water temperamental!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My boiler (an old Valliant combi boiler) had it's annual service a few weeks ago. All worked fine before the service and for a few weeks after, but for the last week, the hot water has become very temperamental.

When the hot water tap is turned on, the boiler recognises the demand and tries to light up but won't, it runs through a continuous cycle of lights. First the Fan / Flue light illuminates, then the Lock Out light, followed by the gas valve operation light. They then all go out and it starts over again. Sometimes it lights and the Gas burning light illuminates, but only for about 10 secs. Other times it will light and the hot water will work, but the percentage of times it's not working is increasing now. Can't get it to work at all at the moment!

Central Heating seems to be working fine.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the model with black panel and green knobs???

Its not immediately obvious to me yet what is wrong with it.

However, one of the horrors of our job is that after disturbing an older boiler is that a few days later the customer calls us back because its not working properly! Not really fair but thats how the world works.

Good news is that its not likely to be anything very serious as it works OK on the CH.

So I think its a matter of calling him back!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back