valliant hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - I have a problem with my boiler a VCW-sine 18 T3WF H - I had a leak on another appliance so I closed the main cold water supply stoptap and the stoptap on the cold water feed to the boiler, changed the pipe that had the leak and turned back on the stoptaps - Now the problem! - NO hot water - the heating is OK but there doesn't appear to be any water going into the boiler - do I have to bleed something, or have I done something else
hope someone can help

Sponsored Links
No water it just dribbles ot of the tap - its like its not getting any but the piping goes on to the upstairs and is ok there

Sponsored Links
there is a flow restrictor and an inlet filter in the water section

you might have some c rap in there

also check the valve is actually open

i have the spares lists and exploded veiws if it will help :idea:

will need an e mail addy ;)

Can you describe the leaking pipe? How and why it was leaking and what you did to solve it?

As kev says there is an inlet filter but its quite big and they rarely seem to get blocked but depending on what you did then if you generated a lot of tirt thats a distinct possibility.

Tony

the pipe that was leaking was the connector to a dishwasher, the type that punches a hole in the copper pipe. This was into two ccompression fittings - I just took out the pipe and replaced, turned the water back on and no cold water to the boiler - don't know what i've done
cheers

Those DIY connectors use a rubber washer which often swells up and blocks the outlet.

It would be unusual for that rubber to get back into the supply pipe but its quite possible.

So its conceivable that some of the rubber has got into the inlet filter.

From memory its on the far right pipe connection onto the diaphragm housing underneath.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back