Valliant or Vessman Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - we're having to replace our Alpha boiler as its been condemned. Our boiler is in an outhouse, accessed by going outside. We want to leave it there but want a boiler that allows us to control it without having to venture outside.

We've had quotes from two Corgi registered chaps (both recommended) which includes portable thermostats.

One has suggested a Valiant echo-tech 824 (the quote was for £2100 inc VAT and labour and parts to include flushing out system, fitting it and adding thermostats to radiators etc - comes with 2 year warranty).

The second has suggested a Vessman (the quote was £2050 inc VAT and labour and labour and parts to include flushing out system, fitting it and adding thermostats to radiators etc - comes with 5year warranty. This prive also includes some extra work re. a dishwasher).

We've looked on various sites and have seen more things about Valiants but are attracted by 5 yr guarantee on Vessman as we'll be living here for more than 2 years.

Any thoughts on which one we should go for?

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
Both boilers have a good reputation but the Viessmann has a very good heat exchanger which will never fail.

I am assuming the Viessmann is the Vitodens 100 but this comes in 24 kW and 30 kW. I recommend getting the 30 kW if its not already quoted for. Its only about £50 extra anyway.

Both these prices are quite reasonable.

The Viessmann five year guaranty is only available when the installer has been trained by the manufacturer. That bodes well.

Tony

Never say never :eek:

I would go for the Vaillant, but the 831. Forget any 24Kw combi if you want a bath :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back