Valve running to toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_9030.JPG
Hi all.

I have a valve section that runs into the base of the cistern. On Sunday the turning knob broke of and it sprung a leak. I was able to shut the water supply down from a small 'turn screw valve' at the bottom of the pipe. So I have mains water still, just no water can flow up to the cistern. I have now removed this valve section completely and looking for advice in connecting the pipe back to the cistern.

Do I need this valve section at all, as there is already a 'turn screw valve' at the base of the pipe?

Then depending on the need (or not) what do people recommend I replace this section with?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
If there is already a functional secondary local isolation/service valve on the pipework, then the faulty one is not required. You just require to make the joint between the pipes of the redundant valve.

It's an old plastic 1/4 turn service valve, you've snapped the top off the cap, needs replaced. They probably didn't use the valve cause it was jammed, hence the isolation valve below it. It has probably been left in so they didn't have to alter the pipe and add in a new tap connector.

New piece of pipe with a new tap connector, just be careful connecting to that plastic valve tail that you don't cross thread it.

Thanks!

Can someone send me a link to the pipe and/or connectors I need to get?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back