Vapour control for flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at insulating my sheds flat roof. I've already bought some 18mm and 11mm OSB3 and 100mm Celotex insulation as it's going to be a warm roof. Everything will also be mechanically fixed and finished with an EPDM sheet.

I'll be fitting the 18mm OSB3 first and I need a vapour control layer. It's a lot cheaper to go for a VPC that isn't self adhesive and browsing forums suggest I don't need to glue a VPC down if it's being mechanically fixed. Is this correct? I'm presuming if it is correct, I just need to seal the joins of the VPC with jointing tape?

Could anyone confirm that this is correct please?

Thank you

Just thought, the Celotex boards have foil on both sides, some information is saying I don't need vapour control due to the foil, is that right?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thank you. I'll get some foil tape though to seal the joints as I presume that's needed for a complete seal.

Thank you for your reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back