varilight 2 gang dimmer - what the !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Big mistake today! Took off a traditional 2 gang dimmer to put on a varilight remote dimmer.... Now left scratching my head how to put this on.

there are two cables - the first has a red, black and earth.
Second has red, black, yellow and earth.
A single red cable too to feed the live is here too.

The dimmer has two units on the back both with the wavey symbol, L and then slave.

Can any well help me overcome the literal 'darkness' to solve this puzzle before my wife kicks me out.

D

Sponsored Links
They do. But a special slave unit is required according to the terrible leaflet. I have no need for the two way on this switch. Just two seperate lights with one switch each.

Did you take a note on how the original dimmer was wired?
As the yellow would suggest that a two way operation was offered to a light from these switch!

Sponsored Links
All I recall was that the yellow was in L2 on the old switch on its own. Does that mean it was redundant?

Yes completely sure. Any ideas how to proceed with wiring?

The second gang is probably historic.. The room has changed over the years. I wired it up and left the yellow out of the circuit. It seems to work fine. Yellow is safely terminated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back