Vauxhall Astra power drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2006 Astra 1.4 petrol.
It starts first time, every time and runs well.

Sometimes when I stop for a few minutes in the dark with the engine off but lights on, it then has no power to restart, as though the battery is dead.

I put my 6amp home charger on it and in less than two minutes it comes up showing fully charged and will start as normal.

This has happened two or three times but only in the dark.
I don't think it is the battery because that would cause the problem to happen at any time and the battery would not recover from a charge in less then two minutes.

Any one know the answer

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You need to replace the battery. Modern batteries have a large number of thin plates and will still provide enough current to start the car when in and advanced state of deterioration but have little reserve current. Your battery has lost a lot of active material from the plates, confirmed by the fact that it reaches full charge very quickly.

Peter

check connection between your battery and engine casement (neutral)- if is dirty or lose- it wouldn't charge the battery properly,
you can go on better car garage and get battery readings check to make sure if is OK
Salute
MINDEX

Sponsored Links
I accept that it is the battery, because the same thing happened to me again this morning, so I will purchase a quality new battery.

Car is Astra 1.4 life

Is it just a straightforward exchange or do I need to use a memory saver.
I am unsure if the radio has any code.

Back