United Kingdom
can someone help pls??
what is the easiest way to remove the cylinder head from this make of car
2000 yr model
already removed water pump as it was faulty
thx

Sponsored Links
Buy the appropiate Haynes manual for the car, then follow the proceedure,
refitting the head, is more critical as tightening sequences, and specific torques are needed, you will need some special tools.

Wotan

thanks for your reply Wotan, ive got the Haynes manual it just seems a very complicated way to do it and did know if any one knew of an easier way. Ive got the torque wrench and torque settings from the manual.

Start by removing all of the electrical connections to the fuel injection system, label them if you need to or take photos and tie them out of the way. Do the same with the fuel pipes.
Remove the air intake plastics, store them safely then concentrate on shifting the exhaust down pipe. It could be easier to drop the exhaust manifold off complete. Drain off the coolant in good time and remove the battery positive terminal.
Basically, clear all of the ancilliary items out of the way before you commence on the head.
You'll need a new timing belt as well as new cylinder head bolts so get together all of the new bits you'll be replacing before starting work.
John :)

Sponsored Links
thanks burnerman i shall av a bash at that and thx every1 else for the info.

biggy

First things first. Always remove the negative battery terminal first, and replace it last.
That's the first thing I do before I the disconnecting.

Back