Vauxhall Vivaro 1.9CDTI Fuel problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What I have is a Vivaro, just clocked 100,000 miles and the thing is now starting to play up, thrown so much money at it now i need to keep it.

My problem is this, all working fine, started up in the morning, moved it 20 yards left it running 10 minutes or so on tick over, headed off, just got out of the drive and total loss of power.

Ive done some digging around, plugged a reader into the van, there were a few fault codes but this could have been me messing about before i got the reader, anyway reset the codes.

I have the bulb on the LHS just before the fuel filter, if i pump that up and then turn the van over the van starts for a few seconds then dies. but if i keep on pumping the bulb i can keep the van running, the fuel pressure starts at 52PSI and then when turns over hits 500PSI then unto 4000-6000PSI so the fuel pump looks like its working but soon as you stop pumping 2-3 seconds it stops.

Looked at the fuel line between the filter and pump, there is a small air bubble, not growing tho, so don't think its a air leak.

Is there anything i can look out for on the hand held reader or is it obvious, to someone, please help.

Sponsored Links
I don't think my van has a fuel pump in the tank as it has the hand bulb pump, I've done some more digging, looks like there is a small pump on the rear of the high pressure pump, may take a look at that tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Back