velux type windows on a flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not quite as daft as its sounds. I'm looking at doing a flat roof and I don't want to use roof domes etc and they need to open. I was therefore considering using velux type roof lights mounted on an upstand frame to get them over a 15 degree pitch. The cheeks of the upstands and flat roof would either be felt or fibreglass. I'm just trying to work out the detail of how to weather around the windows, to look as neat as possible and if it can even be done as the normal flashing kits are all for pitched slate or tile roofs. Any advice from roofers would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
I have built and felted an angled kerb for a Velux, lead for flashing. You can get opening domes though. Look on Whitesales website.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies. I was looking at the possibility of doing it myself rather than buying the kerbs, along the lines of how you did it Xenon. Don't particularly like the look of roof domes, looks a bit to commercial for the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back