Vented eaves trays and vented roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a condensation problem in my loft, right near the eaves of a low pitch roof (about 25°). I was thinking of putting in vented eaves trays and/or vented roof tiles to increase the air flow and hopefully reduce the condensation.

1. Are vented eaves trays worth installing?

2. Can a vented roof tile be put in on the first course i.e. at the eaves? because at this point the insulation board between the joists/rafters above the bedroom ceiling is no more than 50mm from the roof felt?

Can anyone advise please. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
1. Are vented eaves trays worth installing?
Yes. As long as the passage of air is uninterrupted.

2. Can a vented roof tile be put in on the first course i.e. at the eaves? because at this point the insulation board between the joists/rafters above the bedroom ceiling is no more than 50mm from the roof felt?
The first course of tiles with either be above the soffit or the walls so pointless. You need to be at least three courses (large tiles) up just to be in the roof space. Ideally the tile needs to be higher up and will work with any eaves ventilation you decide to fit.

Yes. As long as the passage of air is uninterrupted.

The first course of tiles with either be above the soffit or the walls so pointless. You need to be at least three courses (large tiles) up just to be in the roof space. Ideally the tile needs to be higher up and will work with any eaves ventilation you decide to fit.
Ok, thank you for that.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that. Will look at the lap vents.

I could do with a few myself but can't quite believe they're £2.50 each. Let me know what you find out - I've not had time to look particularly hard for a keener price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back