venting out rectangular vent for cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are planning on using a rectangular vent over cabinets for a cooker hood.

they will go on tall cabinets . what i want to understand is the best / ideal way to to take recuangular vent from in to out via the brick wall.

Do i vent it with a rectangular vent - i guess its best i find a ideal brick to cut out here?? or do i put a round 5 inch converter as it goes in wall?

thoughts?

Sponsored Links
You can do it either way, but sods law says you won't get the right positioning to just be able to remove a brick, whereas a core drill will cut a hole wherever is convenient for you. What size is the rectangular vent.

That's pretty large. I've just installed a 150x50 on a 90cm extractor, and used a used a 115 core, and then cut away the side of the brick to take it out completely, but 220 will take out 2 bricks and a bit more beside. Why so large.

Sponsored Links
The Bosch/neff/Siemens manual says a 125mm or 150mm duct is required . A 220 by 60 rectangle Is equivalent of 125mm round air flow

125 and 150 are the size of the ports coming out of the modern Elica hoods and canopies, so you have to use at least an adaptor or elbow in the size. I got mine from a hood merchant.

My old one was 100 so I've had to use a reducer as I can't be bothered making another hole in the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back