Venting Potterton Promax combi HE A boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've replaced a faulty diverter valve. The manual says the primary circuit heat exchanger air vent must be opened when refilling. How do I open it?

There's only a small black cap that comes off of what we believe to be the auto air vent (at the left hand side of the flue). Is this sufficient just to take the black cap off and that's all we need to do or is there some special tool required to allow access to vent it.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
We've replaced a faulty diverter valve. The manual says the primary circuit heat exchanger air vent must be opened when refilling. How do I open it?

There's only a small black cap that comes off of what we believe to be the auto air vent (at the left hand side of the flue). Is this sufficient just to take the black cap off and that's all we need to do or is there some special tool required to allow access to vent it.
:rolleyes:

the reason I asked was because the manual refers to another vent that is on the pump as an "auto vent" but the other vent next to the flue (which is the one I'm asking about) is simply referred to as "air vent" so we weren't sure if this other vent next to the flue is an auto vent because it looks different to the pump auto vent. And since the manual didn't say it was an auto vent, I'm just checking to see if it is.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back