Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've trawled this forum trying to find an answer to this problem and i've found similar problems but not exactly this fault.

We've lived at current property for about a year. It was built in 2004 with standard veritas v8 alarm system. Never had any problems until last week when the alarm wouldn't set. Exit tone beeps 30 seconds then I assume an "error" tone afterwards which needs the code inputting to stop it.

I've read that the number of beeps should correspond to a fault. However when for example I do "part set" zone 3 and 6 flash and 1 is illuminated (door contact) which is not fitted. Then the only other beep you get is if one of the pir's is activated and you get that number of beeps. ie. 2 quick beeps for hall pir. 5 for lounge etc.

Anyway I've changed the battery in the main unit like for like 7ah yuasa. Removed power supply fuse on pcb and external bell operated which i think is correct. Checked 5 fuses on the board for continuity, all OK. Omitted zones 3 and 6 from the zone setting still no good.

What should I check next ?? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
What devices have you got on each zone
Eg zone 1 front door,zone 2 hallway ,zone 3 lounge etc
If you stand still in front of keypad and start to set alarm what leds are lit up on the keypad ?

Hi thanks for quick reply.

Zone 1 is door contact but this is not fitted for some reason. Not wired in - no physical sensor fitted.

Zone 1 door (not fitted)
Zone 2 hall
Zone 3 lounge
Zone 4 bedroom
Zone 5 kitchen
Zone 6 landing
Zone 7 garage
Zone 8 tamper

If I do "part set" zone 1 illumates solid. Zone 3 and 6 flash.

If I do "full set" Just zone 1 illuminates. Not flashing.

As far as I'm aware when part setting some zones have always flashed just not sure which ones.

Thanks

The fault is on zone 1 front door.Thats why the 1 is lit on keypad
Is the contact missing of the door and just loose wires ?
Is your alarm programmed so you can omit zone 1
Enter code press omit 1 prog Does alarm then set ?
If unsure post photo of contact on door ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I cant believe it, the door contact is built into the door. ie. It's concealed. I've disconnected it and re connected it and it's working. Thanks you've saved me a call out.
Much appreciated.

Sounds like you have a sticking contact
Get yourself a new 20mm flush door contact and replace as it can stick again
Please hit thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back