veritas alarm old one cut through cable

page 14 on my installation book is 1.5 commissioning the system (initial power up )
and 1.6 servicing the sytem .

Sponsored Links
by eye tbh any idea which one might be the culprit they are so fine . there are three spare one in side the panel I noticed .

Problem is there have been a few pcb revisions over the years so take a picture of the pcb and post it . It could be fuse 2 . It will be a 1 amp quick blow

Sponsored Links
ok will do tomorrow thanks for replying how I get the door chime back on by the way since I disconnected the battery its gone off ?.

tried it and tried to set alarm just buzz noise like error will post pic tomorrow tanks for the help so far .

right checked fuses with a tester one had blown put it and main panel started making the noise as well this didn't happen before couldn't silence anything so pulled fuse out etc tried 1234 4321 etc nothing worked

reconnected key pad quiet but tamper lights on with zone 3 flashing which ever button I press get error chime ?. btw had to put blown fuse back in as well to quieten panel . and blue light flashing on bell box too .

all lights on key pad blue light outside tamper light on key pad too also which ever button I press just get error sound.

It's an old one to reset power up and press reset on keypad within 10 seconds you may need 2 people depending how far away the main box is. When the keypad cable got cut how was it repaired ?

it was pir cable repaired using telecom connectors like gel things the virgin chap was was here at the time . phone mate who's a spark said I might have crashed the board and will come over tomorrow night just blue light flashing out side all night.

AIUI telecom jellies are designed for use on solid core cable, not sure how well they would work on stranded cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back